Welcome to our spotlight series! Every so often, we’ll be featuring a new winery, brewery or farm-winery in & around the Hudson Valley in “5 Things to Know About…” First up? Tousey Winery in Germantown!
Five things you should know about Tousey Winery…
1. Chardonnay, Riesling and Pinot Noir are produced on Tousey’s 15 acres.
2. The winery was started by Ray Tousey, who decided to turn his family’s property into a vineyard. Today, it’s still family-owned: Ray’s daughter, Kimberly, took it over & now runs it with her husband, Ben Peacock.
3. This Hudson Valley winery has a European element, thanks to the owners’ backgrounds. Kimberly lived in Denmark & Ben’s from the UK.
Need help with a liquor license in New York State? Contact Angelino Law today.
4. Their dessert wine, Crème de Cassis, has honey from Tousey’s very own bees. There are also four varietals of black currants, which the honey is used to balance out.
5. After sipping whites & reds in the Tasting Room, guests can shop for organic honey, handmade soap and work from local artists.
Tousey Winery’s located at 1774 Route 9 #1, Germantown, NY. For more information & hours, visit TouseyWinery.com. To find out more about liquor licenses in Dutchess County & surrounding areas, visit Angelino Law online.