What do pinball wizards, unwed parents and fortune tellers have in common? They could be outlaws if they live in the South.
1. In Alabama… it’s illegal to wrestle a bear. There goes that Bear Fight Club you were hoping to start.
2. In Arkansas… you can play as many free pinball games as you like, but if you win more than 25, you’ve broken the law. Wait – there are free games somewhere?
3. In Georgia… being the owner of a llama isn’t so bad. If llama-related injuries occur, you’re not liable. Score.
4. In Kentucky… you can’t become a public official if you’ve ever been in a duel. Yes, a duel. (This law’s been around since 1891, hence the outdated term.)
5. In Louisiana… jambalaya that’s “traditionally” prepared isn’t subject to sanitation laws. Gross.
6. In Mississippi… it’s illegal to have more than one child out of wedlock.
7. In South Carolina… fortune tellers are required to have a special permit. Making up “facts” about your future is serious stuff, people.
8. In Tennessee… you haven’t been legally allowed to share your Netflix password since 2011.
Want more strangeness? Read 10 Laws You Won’t Believe Are Real